On this page you can find information about ratings and reviews on Google Play, as well Google’s policies for posting reviews.
You can write reviews for anything you’ve purchased or rented from Google Play. Reviews are a great way to help others decide what to get by telling them about your experience. Google doesn’t pay anyone to rate or review content on Play, and we expect reviewers to be honest and unbiased.
How ratings are calculated
Play Store ratings for apps, and the corresponding bar graphs showing the proportional number of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 star reviews, are calculated based on the app’s current quality ratings from user reviews, rather than the lifetime average value of user reviews, unless the app has very few ratings. This gives users more insight into the app, and a better understanding of its current state, since apps can change over time, and often add and remove features. We show the total lifetime number of reviews as this provides users with valuable information about the app’s use and longevity.
Ratings for other content on the Play Store (books, movies, tv shows) are calculated based on the lifetime average value of user reviews of that content.
What others will see when you leave a review
Most reviews are visible to everyone, and the Play Store app will indicate whether your review will be public or private.
Public reviews will show your name and image from your Google account and past review edits to anyone who uses Play (including developers). Private reviews are usually for apps in early access or beta testing, and only the developer can see your review, including your name and account image from your Google account, and past edits. For both public and private reviews, developers are also able to see your language, device and country and device information (such as language, model, and OS version). Developers can also reply to reviews and may use this information to reply to you. If you edit a review, other users and developers can still see past edits unless you delete the review.
Ratings and reviews posting policies
Ratings and reviews are meant to be helpful and trustworthy. Reviewing content on Play is a great way to share helpful feedback and assist other Play users in finding great content and services.
Guidelines for writing a good review
Make your reviews useful and informative.
Try to include both positives and drawbacks.
Keep it readable; check grammar and spelling, and don’t use excessive capitalization and punctuation.
Be nice to others.
Google Play’s policies for ratings and reviews are below. Reviews that don’t follow these policies will be removed, and anyone who repeatedly or egregiously violates them may lose the ability to post reviews on Google Play.
Spam and fake reviews
Your reviews should reflect the experience you’ve had with the content or service you’re reviewing.
Don’t post fake or inaccurate reviews.
Don’t post the same review multiple times.
Don’t post reviews for the same content from multiple accounts.
Don’t post reviews to mislead other users or manipulate the rating.
Don’t post reviews on behalf of others.
Don’t misrepresent your identity or your connection to the content you’re reviewing.
Keep reviews on-topic and relevant to the content, service, or experience you’re reviewing.
Don’t post solicitations, political or social commentary, or anything else that is irrelevant to the content, service, or experience you’re reviewing.
We want reviews to be useful, and they aren’t useful if they’re promoting something other than the content or service you’re reviewing.
Don’t post promotional or commercial content for any products or services, including affiliate or referral-based promotions.
Don’t post phone numbers, email addresses, or links to other websites.
Conflict of interest
Reviews are most valuable when they’re genuine and unbiased. They should be written by people who aren’t motivated by financial gain.
Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services in exchange for posting reviews.
Don’t review content, services, or experiences if you own or work for the business that created it.
Reviews should be your own and reflect your personal opinions.
Don’t post reviews that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including copyright.
Learn how to remove copyrighted content
Personal and confidential information
Reviews are meant to share experiences, and you can express the way you feel about something without revealing sensitive personal information.
Don’t post personal or confidential information, such as a physical address or driver’s license number.
Your reviews must comply with the law and any terms or legal agreements you have agreed to.
Don’t post reviews that contain or link to illegal content.
Sexually explicit content
Google Play is intended for a broad audience, and reviews should reflect that.
Don’t post reviews that contain, promote, or solicit sexually explicit content.
Don’t post reviews that depict children in sexual situations or address them in a sexual manner.
Google Play is intended for all people, and reviews should reflect that.
Don’t promote violence, condone violence, or incite hatred toward an individual or group based on their race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
Google Play is meant to entertain and inform, not attack and offend.
Don’t post obscene, profane, or offensive language.
Don’t post reviews that harass, bully, or attack others.
By visiting Dispata, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
User data may be shared with Dispata providers to improve order processing and customer service. It may also be used both for marketing research purposes and customer relation management, it being specified that some of those providers are not located in the European Union.
What is done with your personal information?
User data collected helps us to personalize our website according to each user wishes and preferences. Offering you the most spontaneous and friendly surfing experience is our priority. Data collected are for statistical purposes only and help us to:
- Process orders
- Deliver products and services
- Process payments and communicate with you about your orders, products, services and promotional offers
- Keep and update our database and your accounts with us
- Propose a unique and targeted navigation experience
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse on our website
By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive
- Emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties.
- Emails asking you to review Dispata and your purchase.
- Promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from Dispata.
You may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each mail. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please email Customer Service email address by country.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features to make your navigation experience unique and targeted.
Dispata uses Google Analytics for marketing and personal data optimization purposes. Dispata also uses Google Digital Marketing to propose targeted offers.
To find out more:
You declare and guarantee that you are the owner or have the necessary rights on the content that You transmit to Us; that at the date of its transmission
- The content is exact and true
- The use of the content does not contravene any of our policies and will not be damaging to any third party (i.e. that the content is not defamatory)
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Information you give us: You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Dispata or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile ; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
- Mobile: Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Information from other sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features.
If you are concerned about your data you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.